Finger Foods for Babies | This is the phase of the development of your baby finger food to be excellent food given to infants, finger food for babies is given when the baby begins to grow teeth. When a tooth, baby began learn to bite, as well as learning to eat independently.
This usually happens when a baby enters the age of 7-9 months, babies begin to hold, bite, squeezing, or play foods on his plate. In addition to exploring the tactile sensation of his fingers, infant intelligence is supported by the fine motor skills are starting to develop. And when it starts to grow teeth, just make it fun to bite and chew food, he introduced a variety of new foods, such as: finger food as a healthy snack. Where the importance of finger food for babies.
The importance of finger food for babies
Finger food for babies is a different kind of small-sized finger foods, foods that are easily grasped by the fingers of infants. And more importantly, can be eaten alone without help from others. Finger food is food that is fun for baby.
Skills and fine motor skills and coordination of both hands would be increased. Although not able to be a determinant of infant nutrition, finger food could serve as additional nutrients a baby. These foods can be a healthy snack between main meals.
Introduce some finger food for babies at age of 9 months, when babies have started to learn to feed themselves. His hands began to busy pointing, reaching, trying to grab a spoon to eat that you use to feed him, and even mess up the food inside the dinner plate. As though he’s just playing with food in his hand, then put into his mouth. Actually, he is learning to use his thumb and forefinger to pick up food. The development of motor movement is called Pincer grasp or hold food by clipping.
Kinds of finger food for babies
Here are some examples of finger food for babies, foods for infant development.
- Solid baby biscuits. Choose cookies that when soaked in water/milk can be soft.
- Bread or a bagel with a soft texture
- Pieces of fresh fruit such as banana, mango, plum, pear, peach, melon, or watermelon
- Steamed Tofu cut into small dice
- Spiral pasta and steamed until tender and cut into small soft.
- Soft cheese withheld into small dice
- Pieces of boiled egg
- Some vegetables that are boiled until cooked and soft, like carrots, potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower
- Chicken or meat cooked until tender and cut into small dice